Garima Bakshi wrote an enlightening article “Ramadan has begun, and here’s what you need to know about it“. I’ve gleamed the following points that I personally find fascinating, but you might enjoy going to the real article to learn lots more. Thanks Garima!
- Most importantly, Ramadan is a spiritual cleanse of the body, mind, and soul. It is about compassion, honesty, and kindness.
- It’s ultimately a joyful celebration of a rich history that goes back several millennia.
- It is the most sacred month of the year for Muslims and celebrates the very origin of Islam.
- Non-Muslims or Muslims unable to fast are welcome to partake in the festivities at the Iftar feasts.
- Muslims are instructed to refrain from any sinful behaviour that might negate the rewards of fasting. These include gossipping, cursing, impure thoughts, altercation, and fighting. While it sounds simple, training your mind to avoid negativity can be harder than training it to not crave water and food.
Dan O’Donnell, a layman has covenanted with the Chicago Community. In addition to the standard covenant, Dan promises to work at connecting all partners known and unknown, to a conscious following the the way of Jesus, the way of the cross which Dan believe transforms all failure, democratizing the human journey